I’m so excited today to share this fun little holiday wine guide that my sister Ash and I put together for you! Make no mistake, neither of us claims to be a sommelier, but we are both avid wine enthusiasts and enjoy finding and exploring new favorites. Because we know wine can be a little daunting for some people, we thought it would be a fun idea to put together a really great wine guide that will get you through every holiday occasion, from hosting a full turkey dinner to gifting your mother in-law to sipping while you binge watch Love Actually and The Holiday on repeat. I’m not going to talk to you about the specific notes or flavors, I’m not going to fill your shopping cart up with expensive selections (all of these are well under $25) and I’m not going to make you feel intimidated with how cool and sophisitcated we are. (Although, I do personally think we are both of those things.) Instead we’re just two wine loving girls serving up some of our favorite wines that won’t bust your budget, but very well may just blow some minds. Also, we want to know your favorites, too, so chime in below!
- Perfect go-to holiday wine under $20 – Dreaming Tree Crush ($12.99) | A great tasting red blend that’s affordable, super tasty and a really solid go-to pick all season long (or always, if you’re me)
- Perfect wine for pairing with turkey – Rodney Strong Pinot Noir Russian River ($17.99)
- Perfect wine for pairing with prime rib – Uppercut Cabernet Sauvignon ($19.99)
- Perfect wine for pairing with ham – Dr. Konstantin Frank Dry Riesling ($16.99)
- Perfect wine for last minute guests – Markham Merlot ($15.99) + Coppola Diamond Chardonnay ($12.99) | Great, easy drinking wines that will suit a wide range of palates!
- Perfect wine for sipping with cookies – Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc ($10.99) to go with sugar cookies + Meiomi Pinot Noir ($19.99) to go with chocolate cookies
- Perfect wine for binge watching Christmas movies – Cupcake Red Velvet ($8.99) | The perfect, festive wine for watching Love Actually and The Holiday on repeat!
- Perfect wine to give as a gift – Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio ($19.99) | This wine is perfect for bringing as a hostess gift or to share at a dinner party!
- Perfect bubbly for toasting – La Marca Prosecco ($14.49) | Our favorite, everyday bubbly perfecting for toasting all season long!
- Perfect after dinner wine – La Crema Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast ($22.99) | A great wine for sipping after a heavy holiday meal
- Perfect wine for mulling – Alamos Malbec ($9.99) | We love mulled wine in our family and this malbec is a perfect pick. See my mulled wine recipe to get started!
- Perfect wine for gifting your mother in-law – Josh Cellars Cabernet ($14.99) or Whitehaven Sauvignon Blanc ($15.99) | Seriously great wines for a seriously great price that are absolutely guaranteed to impress
[Photo by Alice G. Patterson for The Sweetest Occasion.]
Editor’s Note: We used Total Wine for all generating of our pricing, so pricing may vary locally, but all of these wines should still be comfortably under $25. Total Wine did not sponsor this post in any way and I received no compensation from them either directly or indirectly.