Erika from Delphine is back this afternoon with one of her favorite current trends in the world of stationery and design. I have to say, this is one trend I absolutely love!
One of the perks of being in the stationery industry is getting to walk around the major trade shows in New York each season – the New York International Gift Fair and, of course, the National Stationery Show. One of the trends I noticed on the trade show floors last year is now starting to show up in stores – adorable Russian Matroyshka dolls. Think Olga meets Hello Kitty…it’s a super cute modern take on the traditional Russian icon and Russian folk art style. I expect to see even more of this darling trend this week at the National Stationery Show.
Shown above –
1. and 4. Nesting doll wrapping paper by The Good Life, available at Paper Source.
2. Set of six white plastic Matryoshka doll measuring cups, from Urban Outfitters.
3. Set of three stoneware Matroyshka doll measuring cups, at Anthropologie.
5 and 8. International “Russian” doll greeting cards by Boda.
6. Russian doll melamine plates by Thomas Paul.
7. Sweet doll notepad from Paper Source.