I am so excited that as of this week it’s finally starting to feel like summer around here! That beautiful, easy start to summer where lilacs and cherry trees are finally in bloom and everything is just so green and gorgeous. Basically, days that beg for porch sitting and garden planting and the perfect rosé cocktail. I love a great wine spritzer recipe (or a rosé spritzer more specifically) on just such days! Light, refreshing, a touch fruity and like the perfect pour of summer in a glass.
Lately I’ve been all about a crisp rosé spritzer, with lots of muddled strawberries and lemon and a touch of mint. It’s kind of the ideal rosé cocktail if you ask me! There is no added sweetness or additional alcohol here, so this one is really all about that rosé flavor in a lightened up, super tasty way. So, basically, if you’re not into heavy drinks, a rosé cocktail is the perfect one for you!
[Art direction + styling by Cyd Converse | Photos by Alice G. Patterson.]
- 5 ounces rosé (I prefer dry)
- Fresh strawberries, chunked
- Fresh mint leaves
- 2 – 3 lemon slices
- Sparkling water or club soda
- Place 1 – 2 tablespoons of fresh strawberries and 2 – 3 lemon slices in the bottom of an old fashioned glass.
- Muddle well until juicy.
- Fill glass with ice to the top.
- Add rosé, then top with sparkling water or club soda.
- Garnish with fresh mint and lemon.