This post was sponsored by Walmart. Thank you for supporting
the sponsors that help make The Sweetest Occasion possible!
‘Tis the season for the most festive of Christmas cocktails and I’m serving up one of my new favorites! I’ve dubbed these frothy little concoctions sugar cookie White Russians and with good reason. They’re loaded with yummy vanilla flavor and topped with whipped cream, sugar cookie crumbles and sprinkles! This is the type of cocktail that is sure to wow your friends and makes the perfect addition to your hosting repertoire this time of year. I’m partnering with Walmart to bring you the recipe, which boasts my personal favorite vodka, Tito’s Handmade. (Any other Tito’s fans in the house?!) So let’s get to mixing, because this cocktail is going to make your actual sugar cookies at least a teeny bit jealous this year.
Lest you think this cocktail recipe requires you to bake, fear not! I picked up these cute little Christmas sugar cookies right in the bakery department of my local Walmart, where I then gleefully crushed them up and turned them into cocktails. You know you’re digging that! Everything else you need can also be found at Walmart, from the glasses to the straws, to the milk to the Tito’s! You can use homemade whipped cream or buy it in a can, either will get the job done. Spread a bit around the rim of your glass, then roll the glass gently in sugar cookie crumbs. Of course, the key to a perfect White Russian, in my opinion, is a tall glass loaded right up to the tippy top with ice, so it’s nice and crisp and cold. Don’t skimp on the whipped cream and sprinkles! They’re the icing on top that sets this cocktail up and over the edge of delicious.
- 1-1/2 oz Tito's Handmade vodka
- 1-1/2 oz coffee liqueur
- 4 oz milk
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 sugar cookie
- ⅓ cup whipped cream
- Red and green sprinkles
- Remove the frosting from one sugar cookie and crush into small crumbles onto a small plate.
- Prepare a tall cocktail glass by spreading a bit of whipped cream around the rim and then rolling gently in the cookie crumbs. Fill glass to the brim with ice.
- Next, add vodka, coffee liqueur, vanilla extract and milk to a cocktail shaker.
- Shake vigorously until frothy then pour over into your cocktail glass over ice.
- Top with the remaining whipped cream, then sprinkle with additional cookie crumbs and seasonal sprinkles.
- Add a straw, sip and enjoy!
[Art direction + recipe by Cyd Converse | Photos by Alice G. Patterson.]