Champagne is one of my perennial go-to cocktails. Served simply, always in a flute, nice and chilly cold. That should be a good enough segue to explain that my love for a good mimosa recipe runs deep. Real deep.
With Easter coming up in just a couple weeks, I wanted to put a spin on the classic brunch staple that would really wow your guests. For the record, this would also make the perfect mimosa recipe for a casual weekend brunch served up while wearing your favorite pajamas.
This tequila sunrise mimosa is one part tequila, one part champagne and one part orange juice with a nice splash of grenadine to give it that insanely beautiful color. Garnish with fresh orange and you’ve got the kind of brunch cocktail that your friends will go crazy over. Cheers!
How to Make My Tequila Sunrise Mimosa Recipe
1. Pour 1 ounce of tequila into a champagne flute.
For best results, chill your tequila beforehand for a nice, crisp cold mimosa!
2. Add champagne until your flute is roughly half full, approximately 1 ounce or slightly more.
3. Pour in orange juice until flute is mostly full, save for about 1/2″ at the top of your flute.
4. Finish by adding a large splash of grenadine to each flute. Sip and enjoy!
Of course I like to gussy things up with a sweet little orange wedge. I can never leave a cocktail well enough alone, am I right? Bring on all the cute garnishes!
Looking for another great mimosa recipe? Try out this strawberry lemon mimosa, too![Recipe + art direction by Cyd Converse | Photos by Alice G. Patterson.]
- 1 ounce tequila
- 1 ounce champagne
- 1 ounce orange juice
- Fresh orange (to garnish)
- Pour 1 ounce of tequila into a champagne flute.
- Add champagne until you're flute is roughly half full, approximately 1 ounce or slightly more.
- Pour in orange juice until flute is mostly full, save for about 1/2" at the top of your flute.
- Finish by adding a large splash of grenadine to each flute. Sip and enjoy!
Mermaid Water Fish Bowl Drinks
A boozy play on mermaid water, try these fish bowl drinks for your next backyard partyContinue Reading
Make Mine a Blueberry Mojito
Infused with fresh blueberry syrup, this blueberry mojito recipe is the ultimate crowd pleaserContinue Reading
Strawberry Lemonade Moscow Mule
Sip this farm to table inspired refreshing cocktail that's a summery twist on a classic Moscow Mule recipeContinue Reading
Kiwi Lime Mint Sangria Recipe
A refreshing summer sangria recipe made with kiwis and limesContinue Reading
Raspberry Swirl Pineapple Mango Margaritas
These frozen pineapple margaritas are one of summer's best cocktailsContinue Reading
Blueberry Beet Gin Slushies
One of the best summer cocktails, these frozen blueberry cocktails are a winnerContinue Reading
The Ultimate Strawberry Mojito
A fresh strawberry mojito recipe that makes the perfect summer cocktailContinue Reading
Homemade Bottled Cocktails
Easy and fun homemade bottled cocktails perfect for summer parties and camping tripsContinue Reading
Summer's Perfect Rosé Spritzer
A refreshing rosé spritzer that makes the best summer cocktailContinue Reading