Thank you all so much for your love and support following the launch of the podcast! I haven’t been this excited about something in a long long time. This week I was joined by my husband Bob to chat about our effectively long distance marriage and a whole bunch of other stuff. Keep scrolling for the show notes!
Episode 004: A Mostly Long Distance Marriage + Blended Family Life
For episode 004 I sat down with my husband Bob to chat about how we met, what it’s like when one spouse travels extendedly for work, staying connected in a long distance relationship, parenting, family life as a blended family, and our shared love for entertaining. Because I’m deeply respectful of my family and their privacy, Bob hasn’t made too many appearances on the blog over the years, but that’s something we’ve talked about switching up. The podcast felt the perfect way to introduce followers to my other half and give everyone a glimpse of our very modern family life.
This episode is very casual and conversational in nature. I hope it gives you a sense of who we are and what our life is like together. I look forward to inviting Bob back to the show again soon to dig a little deeper into things like co-parenting, solo parenting and why we’re so in love with our house.
In this Episode, We Discuss:
- What it’s like having a mostly long distance marriage
- How we stay connected despite not being together most of the time
- Parenting, family and co-parenting with another parent
- What it’s like having kids who are 15 years apart in age
- Thriving together as a blended family
- Bob’s love for a good pot of chili
- Tips for hosting a chili cook off with your family and friends
Links of Note from this Episode:
- Butternut squash black bean chili
- Crowd favorite veggie chili recipe
- Easy cheesy broccoli cornbread with Jiffy Mix
- Tips + printables for hosting a chili cook off
Here is a recap of our wedding, which we talk about in this episode.
To connect with me on Instagram, click HERE
Listen to this Episode:
You can also listen to episode 004 here: